Week of March 18th – 22th
- Deutsche-Commerzbank fusion, you have to fire 30k people in Frankfurt only.
- Lyft starts the IPO roadshow
$ 2.1bi of sales 2x in a year
Losses of $ 900m ($ 700mm in 2017)
3x the number of drivers to 18mm
Overwritten, mcap of $ 23bi possible.
- Paypal: one of our favorites reaches $ 100. We like not to sell it. Strong competition but still Ok. Alliance with MercadoLibre.
- Emerging metals and oil continue their upward course.
- Bolsonaro – Trump: two right-wing leaders come together
Important commitment of strategic alliance in the region.
Allied special military
Focus on: Venezuela, Terrorism, Drug Trafficking and Human Trafficking
Meanwhile Temer prisoner
- The Fed: Great surprise, said there were no more rate hikes in the year. Rate markets, fx flew
10yr to 2.55%, gold and metals up
DXY – 1%
The stock not so because the Fed also lowered the estimate of growth and inflation.
- Levi global icon went public, Mcap $ 6.6 Bi, sales of $ 5.5bi. Very difficult business.
- China-US negotiations in critical phase. The markets are a little tense with the possibility that the negotiations derail. We are not worried, nobody is interested at this point in the topic of kicking the board.
- Apple, we discussed it last week, it had gone up 6%.
It is said that he would be buying his own shares.
He is about to present a streaming product of videos and movies.
- Brexit, it extends only for two weeks. Markets spoke of June. Surprise
- Google launches Stedia